Cyberonics reneged on its "Lifetime Reimbursement Guarantee". Click on the image to learn how you can help...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Caring physician helping to educate and expedite VNS replacement for depression patients.

Through the years Joyce and I have been extremely fortunate to have collaborated with some truly compassionate, caring KOL’s (Knowledgeable Opinion Leaders) both in the field of Psychiatry as well as other related practices. During that time I have shared what I’ve learned both on and off the record and where I’ve been allowed I’ve also publicly shared correspondence and/or quotes.

I’ve recently been corresponding with and received a reply (see below) from another distinguished medical professional in response to my recent posting “Expediting the VNS replacement surgery for the depression patient” that I would like to share.

I do so in the hope that other professionals reading my messages and advocacy share with their respective colleagues and that Cyberonics management understands and conveys this important message throughout their organization to help the depression patients who continue utilizing their device and therapy and they too quickly get the message cited above into the hands of all the physicians and depression patients they attend to.

Sincerely,

Herb

Joyce and Herbert Stein

1008 Trailmore Lane

Weston, FL 33326-2816

(954) 349-8733

vnsdepression@gmail.com

http://www.vnstherapy-herb.blogspot.com

http://www.vnstherapy.wordpress.com

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

From: Fernandez, Francisco [mailto:ffernand@health.usf.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:54 AM
To: Herbert Stein
Subject: RE: Expediting the VNS replacement surgery for the depression patient.

Outstanding … I have forwarded to all the neurosurgeons and vascular surgeons I work with. Keep up the  GREAT work! Frank

Francisco Fernandez, M.D. 

Professor and Chair

Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences

USF Health - Morsani College of Medicine

Professor, Department of Community and Family Health

USF Health - College of Public Health

Tampa, Florida 

P:  (813) 974-1437

F:  (813) 974-3236

No comments:

Post a Comment