Cyberonics reneged on its "Lifetime Reimbursement Guarantee". Click on the image to learn how you can help...

Friday, September 13, 2013

"I write this I am preparing for another hospitalization."

From: Joyce and Herbert Stein [mailto:fabrik@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 9:43 PM
To: Jonathan Blum, Deputy Administrator Director - CMS; Madam Secretary Kathleen Sebelius - HHS
Subject: "I write this I am preparing for another hospitalization."

Dear Jonathan,

I have copied and pasted another email below that I just received.  It too is self-explanatory.

I shall not give up.  I owe it to my spouse Joyce and Amy, Julie, Tami and all the other patients wanting a chance to live out their lives in peace, wellness and with dignity.

We need your help now…no more kicking the can down the road.  We need another individual with the compassion and understanding as exhibited by Dr. Daniel Schultz to do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Herb

Joyce and Herbert Stein

1008 Trail more Lane

Weston, FL 33326-2816

(954) 349-8733

http://www.vnstherapy-herb.blogspot.com

vnsdepression@gmail.com

http://vnstherapy.wordpress.com/

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tami

8:29 PM (September 13, 2013)

clip_image001

 

clip_image001[1]

clip_image001[2]

to me

clip_image001[3]

Herb,

I listened to your phone call with Jonathan Blum of CMS.  Me and my family are waiting on pins and needles to find out if the "Compassionate Use" document will be signed .  It is all I can do to follow your blog, but it has given me a glimmer of hope.   As I write this I am preparing for another hospitalization.  It will not help me other than to keep me safe for a few weeks.  Mr. Blum and the other "powers that be" need to understand the cost to so called treat my depression will continue to increase until it is greater than the cost of VNS.  I had not been hospitalized or had ECT for the five years my VNS worked.  

My battery died two years ago.  Since then I have been hospitalized once and am home bound and practically bed bound.   My very life depends on getting my VNS replaced soon.  VNS saved my life!  I just wish Mr. Blum and the others would see that I am a human being and I am pleading and begging for my life.  

Bless you for your advocacy.   As always, you have my permission to publish or use this email in anyway that will help.

Tami Gee

8913 Fresno St

Fort Smith, AR

firetlg@aol.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY / Disclaimer

---------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This E-Mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. The information contained in this E-Mail is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this E-Mail in error, please notify the sender immediately at the email address and/or phone number above and delete the information from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail, destroy all copies of the original message, and do not disseminate it further. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please advise the sender immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment