Cyberonics reneged on its "Lifetime Reimbursement Guarantee". Click on the image to learn how you can help...

Monday, September 9, 2013

Time is running out for these patients…

From: Joyce and Herbert Stein [mailto:fabrik@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:26 AM
To: Jonathan Blum, Deputy Administrator Director - CMS; Madam Secretary Kathleen Sebelius - HHS
Subject: A continuing please for a favorable "Compassionate use" decision for the already implanted VNS depression patients...

Dear Mr. Blum,

I had some computer problems and was just able to retrieve my emails from yesterday. 

I have copied and pasted below another email that I just read.  I several minutes ago got off the telephone with the young woman who sent the email giving me verbal permission to share her correspondence publicly.

Need I say more to you or Madam Secretary Sebelius.  Joyce, this young woman Amy and the other patients are running out time.  They do not want to return to a living hell.

We are all pleading for a favorable “Compassionate use” decision from you or the Madam Secretary, now!

Sincerely,

Herb

Joyce and Herbert Stein

1008 Trailmore Lane

Weston, FL 33326-2816

(954) 349-8733

http://www.vnstherapy-herb.blogspot.com

vnsdepression@gmail.com

http://vnstherapy.wordpress.com/

From: Amy [mailto:keyanote@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 3:00 AM
To: Joyce and Herbert Stein
Subject: Re: A continuing please for a favorable "Compassionate use" decision for the already implanted VNS depression patients...

Herb,

I really hope you receive an answer soon. Things are getting worse here...I started a new drug called Latuda and increased the Lamictal but I am feeling so bad tonight.  I'm am crying uncontrollably and feeling hopeless.  Life is getting back to what my "normal" used to be back before I had the VNS.   If they want a real live experiment of what happens when the battery dies...here I am.  Thank you for all your work and letters. 

~ Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment